6. Sofia Vergara: At the Golden Globes Miss Vergara was sequined and oh so va va voom. Last night's appearance in Donna Karan made me imagine Marilyn Monroe coming into contact with the two evil stepsisters from Cinderella before the ball.
5. Julianna Margulies: Many a starlet tried for color-blocking in black and white...and this one was a swing and a miss. The skirt appeared heavy and sack-like and the waistline fails to flatter. And while I wish I could give her credit for pairing those shoes with this Chado Ralph Rucci gown, I wish she had made a more demure choice instead.
4. January Jones: I can't quite tell what this dress is going for. Between the asymmetrical draping and the high (in the words of a friend: "lobster bib") collar, Miss Jones has missed the mark in this Prabal Gurung number. Can't she just go back to looking vintage Grace Kelly chic à la Mad Men?
3. Anne Hathaway: Frumpy, frumpy, frumpy. So far Anne Hathaway is 0 for 2 with red carpet winners this season. On someone else, I might say that this Giambattista Valli gown is playful and fun. But for Anne's body type it is all wrong. First, the shoulders make her look broad, then it doesn't come in at the waist enough before tutu-ing out of control. And the sheerness of the front is more kitsch than class. Can we please go back to her looks from last year?
2. Morena Baccarin: This Basil Soda dress looks like it's been dragged around one too many times. Or as if it belonged to a mermaid who's been swimming in some pretty dirty water. While I love the bodice and how it flatters Baccarin's figure, the skirt (especially with the center slit) is all wrong.
1. Julianne Moore: You would think that after Michelle Williams and Sienna Miller people would stop trying the flower dresses. Somehow, they always fail. And Julianne Moore's Chanel Couture dress lives up to this poor reputation. Perhaps it would not have been so bad had the tailored body conscious skirt (with full flowers) continued up to the bodice and ended as a strapless masterpiece. However, the shoulder straps and chest area seem roughly thrown together. Does anyone think this looks like it fits?
Agree? Disagree? Let us know and COMMENT!