Monday, May 23, 2011

Post #53: The Closet Challenge

The Before


             Do you ever feel like your closet is an unorganized mess no matter what you do? Like it always gets cluttered no matter how many times you pull everything out and "reorganize" it? 

            I do. 
            
            To be fair, most closets need reorganizing (however minor) at least once a month. When I interned at a fashion design company last summer, there were many days where I was asked to clean and organize "the closet." After all, it makes sense. If you love clothing, you're gonna go shopping and get more clothing...which then needs to fit in your space. If you don't walk around naked every day, then you're constantly pulling things out of your closet and putting them back in. By nature, closets get dirty. 
            Yet the trouble with this is that dirty closets aren't nice to open...and they tend to absorb random things that have been "missing" for months. 
            So, here's the challenge: I am going to completely reorganize my messy walk-in closet (and I will cut myself some slack: I did just return from college for the summer...so a lot of stuff just got thrown in there). And I am going to do this by Friday. To prove it to you, I am posting before and after pictures of my walk-in. Wish me lots of fashionable luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment